UBuildit - Indianapolis - Disappointed - Over promised and under delivered
Tough to articulate....more than 20 months building a new house. Nicest guys that one might find in the building trades.
In a nutshell, "over promised and under delivered".
Company has abandoned my wife when she asked to company to sit down to review their "punch out list'.
Nice guys to be sure, but intellectual, mental, & emotional anguish trying to work with them has taken a toll far greater than than their fees or their failed promises. A friend and I will finish the new home on our own because UBI have left us stranded with the home 90% completed.
I'm not "pissed" because as stated, very congenial guys who may simply lack the business acumen or may not have found a good fit trying to do a custom home. My wife nor I will say negative comments about these guys because perhaps they were simply in "over their heads" by trying promising to work with us and frustrated because they could not finish the job. By hanging in there with UBI our costs overruns amount to 16.1% more than budgeted because of re-do's and errors of commission or omission made by their company.
After 21 months with a building that should be ready to move into but still inhabitable because no power for our computers and only recently having to find my own plumber to install our tankless water heater. We had hoped at the onset of our project that our home might be a reference account for our fiends at UBI. Broken dreams?
Not trashing UBI - Indianapolis....just a caveat emptor to others.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Building Services
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "We originally had our old gutters replaced due to water leakage with new gutters through Gutter Helmet of the Pikes Peak Region a few years ago (Colrado Springs, CO.). Our..."
- "It was recently discovered that my Standard Pacific home and all 37 homes built the same year have major structural water damage. At least 4 structural engineers have reported..."
- "I just had one of Leaffilter's sleasy sales people over at my place. They basically use any sales tactic to get the sale. Here are a couple things I have..."
- "Megan Reed scammed me into her photography scam (Megan Photographs) which has now culminated into a class action suit with plaintiff attorney Joanna Herman at Morrison and Foerster in Indianapolis...."
- "Sundance Vacations works hard at covering up the truth about what they are giving to people. In the sales presentation, they'll show you pictures of luxurious nice vacation spots. They'll..."
- "I bought a dress from TBdress that was stated to be 'burgundy". They delivered a bright red dress. Further, the dress was sewn with measurements that were smaller..."
- "I sent in my LG G3 phone for repair in Sept. I received a status on 10/5 that if I want it repaired it would cost $72 which I agreed..."
- "I used thumbtack for a contractor and you are right no accountability. It took 3 weeks to get a very small kitchen remodeled with. Countertops. Floor, backsplash. Cabinets and..."
- "I signed with Verizon because of their reputation and their service. Then I was abruptly shoved over to Frontier, who doesn't give me the 75/75 internet service and I have..."